Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Harle

In the poem Harlem by langston hughes he is talking about what happens when you have dreams that are being halted, or forgotten or put on the back burner. There are many things that can happened with dreams that are deferred. personally i try and reach all my dreams so i don't have to look back in how ever many years and ask my self why i didn't do it. I like to live with no regrets so i always try and keep my dreams in front of me and complete them to the fullest. Hughes uses similes and metaphors to explain some different outcomes that could happen to peoples who have there dreams deferred. my favorite line in the poem is when he says "maybe it sags like a heavy load" this is the reason i go 100% in everything i do, if i don't I'm worried I'm going to have a heavy burden like this following me around.

No comments:

Post a Comment